Wednesday 12 October 2011

My First

Welcome to my trading book!
I don't know where to begin, I've never been into blogging or discussing ideas or stories really, but thats all about to change. So if you're reading this, i'd like to thank you and welcome you on a journey with me, the journey to become better traders. The road will be fraught with difficulties and mistakes, we will learn together share ideas and grow together, we will bask in the glory of victories and wallow in the pits of defeat together, but we will ultimately come out victorious because every lesson learnt is a victory.

That being said, heres a little about me and the reason I'm blogging. I am completing my final year at McMaster's DeGroote school of Business with a focus in finance and  minor in economics. You can see how my passion has influenced my choice of education. I've had a passion for equities and stock market for a while, but i've been scared, lacked confidence, and slightly too lazy to learn more. Over the past few months I've realized that stepping out of ones comfort zone isn't difficult and has its amazing rewards, so i began to learn and learn some more and i absolutely loved it, now i cant stop! I just want more knowledge. Thats where this blog comes in, I know that there are many people like me out there; just beginning, kind of confused, scared (although they wont admit it) and ignorant, but beyond all that they have the capability and passion to learn about it.

Wow! I've said all that and you probably still don't know what this blog is about right? well you probably have a clue if i directed you here, or if you've read the title and the book its losely based off (more on that to come). Well if neither of those apply to you i'll tell you plain and simple. This blog is about trading! It's about the practicalities of swing trading on a budget, the intricacies of technical analysis, the cross roads where the fundamentals meet the charts, its about random rants and thoughts i have about news  and the markets. I'd like to give you a look at my most personal trading book! As a novice we should all keep one(a trading book) it's a detailed record of my paper trades and real trades as well as my equity curve. I also want to tell you about my mistakes so you can avoid them. I'd like to share my struggles with you so you can help me with them, and id like to share with you valuable resources that have brought me to this point of my trading career where i feel comfortable enough to blog!

How did it all begin? you ask, well it started with a conversation, one that i did not participate in for lack of knowledge, then it grew to curiosity, then understanding and fascination, then a full out pure unadulterated love for the idea and thirst for more knowledge. It's almost like drugs. Which begs the question "Can one be addicted to the markets?" I think yes, but a healthy addiction is necessary for success. I can say i've neglected a few meals (although you wouldn't be able to tell if you saw my belly ;) ) missed a bunch of t.v shows (Im sorry football) got lost in the ever glowing allure of charts, but its always important to stay grounded and focused and have time for everyone around you, especially if you have someone as special as the woman in my life :) ( thats not there because i know she will read this, she truly is an inspiration for me to become better).

NOW Welcome! Come into my trading book! Lets learn together, tell me what i can do to improve my skills, limit my risks and increase my reward potential. I'll share my knowledge with you and i invite you to share your opinion with me.

3 comments: